Sunday, February 10, 2008

$

Yesterday morning the baby was moving around so much that Dave & I watched my belly shift and move around. Earlier this week the baby must have flipped over for a day or two, because I didn't feel many kicks--and when I did, I felt like I was literally being kicked in the butt. I guess it's rolled back over now :)
I did a bunch of pregnancy-related shopping yesterday. I bought new sneakers and insoles (1/2 size bigger than I used to wear!) and a pair of Crocs. Professional or not (and attractive or not), I think that the sneakers and Crocs will soon both be worn at work---my feet are starting to have some issues. Last week one foot swelled up and was miserable---I actually thought I had a stress fracture or something. The midwife said not to wear the same shoes everyday (even my clogs) so I need to work these into a rotation or something.
Then I bought a tall director's chair for my classroom---sitting on my stool is great for my legs, but my back is starting to really hurt, so I needed something I could lean back on.
Oh, and everyday I grow out of another pair of pants. The baby hates elastic and will kick at the elastic on the pants if it's pressing in on my belly. Then I worry that the elastic is bothering it. What a pain.
I knew babies were expensive, but I didn't know that pregnancy would cost so much. Ugh.
Midwife Update
I have my next appointment on Wednesday (about 26 weeks). In addition to my regular appointment I have to go to the lab for my glucose test---I drink this scary sugary bottle of crap, then they draw blood 60 minutes later to make sure that I'm metabolizing sugar correctly and don't have gestational diabetes.
Baby Update

The baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches (holy moly! I can't believe that it's just going to keep getting bigger and bigger). It probably weighs somewhere between 1 lb 5 oz and a pound and a half —and now it's starting to stock up some baby fat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck at your glucose tolerance test----i think you should be able to eat a tray of brownies instead!!

Anonymous said...

good luck on your test! don't drink the crap too fast, you have 5 minutes, take at least 3!